Thursday, November 03, 2011

BBC Dreams

Although I remember a fair amount of my dreams, I normally don't share them. I'm sure they only make sense to me. Tuesday night, though, I did have one worth sharing. I dreamed about the radio show I was going to do the next day (and did -- I host a program every Wednesday morning on WTJU).

***

In the dream, my program had attracted the attention of the BBC (!) and several key staff from Radio 3 (the classical service) came over to visit. I met with them, and discovered that they wanted me to come to work for Radio 3 as a presenter -- I just had to pass an audition.

I did so, successfully (hey -- it's my dream). And so the head of programming wanted me to start first thing Monday morning.

At this point I realized I would have to quit my current job to accept the position, and asked about the salary. That's when things got strange (relatively speaking). The staff became evasive, and I spent the rest of the dream trying to get a straight answer to the question. The programming head said, "Well, you know the rate of exchange is different, so there's not a one-to-one correspondence between dollars and pounds."

Right, but how many dollars -- or pounds -- are we talking about? No one ever gave me hard numbers -- but they were all very anxious for me to relocate and start work, nevertheless.

*****

Well, it was only a dream. But if you've ever worked in radio, you know not all of it was fantasy....

#stories

No comments:

Post a Comment