- Manufactured in Japan between 1949 - 1965
- Have locomotives and rolling stock built primarily of lithographed tin
- Operate under their own power, either from a battery power pack, or batteries installed in the locomotive
- Are not floor toys, but are designed to run on track provided with the set
This actually provides quite a bit of information.
- Set name and and catalog number (Cragstan 1892)
- Name of importer (Cragstan) and original manufacturer (Yonezowa)
- An inventory of the set contents
- Details about the locomotive (battery operated, lighted, forward/reverse)
- A fairly accurate representation of the set
Collectors of Japanese toys will tell you that having the box with the toy often doubles the value. The reason is the attractive graphics of the boxes. But for me, the information they contain really makes them valuable.