Monday, July 28, 2014

Diabelli Project 050 - Piano Piece in F

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

The purpose of the Diabelli Project was to get me composing again after a long hiatus. By dashing off these little flash compositions, I hoped to get the creative juices flowing again. And it seems to have worked. In the early stages of the project, I seemed to have trouble getting through more than a few bars of music before my self-imposed time limit ran out.

Well, the time limit hasn't increased, but I seem to be able to write faster these days. Like this little piano piece, for example: (click on image to enlarge)



I got farther than I normally do, but I didn't finish it.

But you can.

The other part of the project is still to offer these sketches freely to anyone who would like to do something with them. Just be sure to share your results (and if you make a million dollars with one, it would be good to share that, too).

No comments:

Post a Comment