Monday, December 15, 2014

Diabelli Project 070 - Piece for Solo Tuba

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This week's flash composition is for the solo tuba. If you've been following the series over the last few weeks, you're probably as surprised as I am that I didn't write something for the trombone, If you notice the dates on these sketches, you'll see there's a significant gap between composition and publication (this one, for example, was written April 6, 2014). It does take a little while to get them into fair copy.

I thought I had written a sketch for solo trombone, but I can't find it. I'll fill in that blank another time. This sketch is for tuba, and takes advantage of the clarity of its higher register. (click to enlarge)


What happens next? That's up to you. As with all the Diabelli Project sketches, I offer this freely to anyone who would like to use all or part of it. Just let me know the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment