Monday, May 16, 2016

Diabelli Project 110 - Melody

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme, these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This week's flash composition is more of a study than an actual piece of music. I started off with a simple theme and each time the phrase ended, carried it a little further. It's not designated for any instrument -- I didn't have one in mind when I wrote it. I'm sorry I didn't have more time to explore the concept further. Perhaps I'll have to move this one to the "work on later" pile.




As always, you can use any or all of the posted Diabelli Project sketches as you wish for free. Just be sure to share the results. I'm always curious to see what direction someone else can take this material.

No comments:

Post a Comment