Monday, September 26, 2011

DOT in the O-Gauge Zen Garden

One of the things I've wanted to do for while was add some traffic pattern lines to the main road on my layout.

Railroad Avenue needs some lane markers, that's for sure!
After all, with all those vehicles going thither and yon, it's important for one's citizens to be safe!

(We won't talk about my choice to put a road crossing directly in front of a railroad tunnel.)

Road crossing in front of a tunnel?
That's an accident waiting to happen.

 There are a number of ways to create these lines, but I found something at Michael's craft store that gave me an idea.

It's a Sharpie oil-based paint marker. It should give me the smooth line I'm after without having to construct elaborate stencils.

The next step is to do some practice line-painting and figuring out the best way to do this. I used to work a lot with technical pens, and have experience laying down lines without having ink bleed under the ruler.

I'll have those results in my next post on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment