Monday, January 09, 2012

Peeling back the layers of the creative onion

Four months ago I undertook the challenge of posting to this blog daily. And it's certainly been a challenge -- sometimes in ways I didn't expect.

One of the things that happened was that I had soon exhausted my supply of safe topics. It's not that I don't have strong opinions about certain things, it's just that there are folks who articulate them much better elsewhere online. Rather, I mean that there are some topics I didn't think I'd explore publicly that I'm starting to -- primarily because there are so many things I can say about a mid-60's Japanese tin toy-themed layout.

So life-changing events (or at least their consequences) are starting to creep into the posts. Which, I'm thinking, might not be a bad thing.

If I lead a more adventuresome life, or kept the blog narrowly focused, this might be easier. But not as much fun. Who knows? Maybe I'll try my hand at some flash fiction...

This experiment has forced me to peel back some layers -- the trick is keep them appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment