Saturday, June 09, 2012

Men's 4-Miler Training, Part 9

I'm chronicling my efforts to get back into running after a long absence. To start, I'm participating in the Men’s 4-Miler Training Program offered by the Charlottesville Track Club

This has been a rough week. A kidney infection has kept me from running at all this week, and today I just don’t have the energy to do the run. We met at Scott Stadium to do a practice run for next week. I’m hopeful I’ll be able to get back into it. My fellow runners with some experience assure me that after seven weeks of training, I shouldn’t drop back to the beginning, so the setback might not be that bad.

I did show up to the meeting, though, and while others ran the course, I walked the parking lot – just to see how much I could do. I was able to keep walking until the first runners returned, but only just. This week its rest and recuperation. I’m determined that even if I just walk the course, it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment