Monday, September 16, 2013

Diabelli Project 012 - Fugue

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This is another longer -- and perhaps -- more ambitious snippet. I think I probably mislabeled this one. The entry of the second voice doesn't mirror the first one like it should, although the contour is similar. And really, there should be a third voice entering in the next to the last measure. (click to enlarge)




If I choose to develop this further, that's probably what I'll do. But what you do with it is up to you. That's the point of the this project -- to see if any of these ideas inspire others.

No comments:

Post a Comment