Monday, May 12, 2014

Diabelli Project 040 - Chorale

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

As I explained in the very first post,I do these little flash compositions while waiting for our church service to start. I only have about five minutes or so -- no time to be self critical. I just draw some bar lines on the front of the bulletin and the music just flows.

I mention this because in today's sample, I drew some inspiration from my surroundings and wrote a chorale. The bass could be simplified to quarter and half notes, but I rather like the motion. (click on image to enlarge)




So what happens next? That's up to you. I'll definitely be revisiting this at some point, but that doesn't mean someone else shouldn't take a crack at it. Perhaps there's a parody mass in here (and if you know that term has nothing to do with humor, you might be just the person to do it). As always, there's no copyright involved here. Just sharing your results with me is all I ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment