Monday, August 11, 2014

Diabelli Project 052 - Chorale in C major

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This week's offering is fairly straight-forward. It's a four-part chorale; something most church choirs could handle, I imagine. Of course, there's no text, and I only took it to the first cadence, but still -- I think this one has a lot of potential. (click on image to enlarge)



Perhaps you see some potential, too. Remember -- all the Diabelli Project sketches are offered freely to all. If you see something you like, go ahead and use it. No need to ask permission. Just let me know how your version turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment