Monday, December 19, 2016

Diabelli Project 138 - Piano Piece

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme, these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This week I decided to do something simple and tonal -- a piano piece. Well, that intent lasted almost through the first measure. The left hand's open intervals sort of expands, and contract as the piece moves along, partially influencing the key centers the right-hand melody wanders through. If I had had more time, I think I would have added more articulation and dynamic markings to this. But the rules are clear -- at the ten-minute mark, it's time to put down your pencil and turn in your work.




As always, you can use any or all of the posted Diabelli Project sketches as you wish for free. Just be sure to share the results. I'm always curious to see what direction someone else can take this material.


No comments:

Post a Comment