Friday, January 20, 2017

Line Mar Match Box Construction 036 - Rider

I found a Line Mar Match Box Construction Set from the 1930s, complete and with instructions. The box claimed the set made 100 different toys. I decided to test that claim -- one toy at a time. You can read all the posts for the Line Mar construction project at 100 Toys.

036. Rider

One thing's for sure: as I've built each toy, each new toy becomes somewhat easier to figure out. The rider is basically the same figure used for the 033 Acrobat, the 031 Rope Walker, and 030 Man. 

The horse, though, proved a little difficult to build. Because the two pieces that make up the head are identical, I had a difficult time getting them to sit properly. I could have pinched the sides of the top piece so it rested on the top of the piece underneath it, I suppose. But I'm trying to bend these pieces at few times as possible. Each bend weakens the fold a little more, and I don't think this paper-thin metal has all that many bends in it to start with.


No comments:

Post a Comment