Saturday, April 28, 2012

Men's 4-Miler Training, Part 3

I'm chronicling my efforts to get back into running after a long absence. To start, I'm participating in the Men’s 4-Miler Training Program offered by the Charlottesville Track Club



Now we’re at the point where I’m starting to feel like I’m challenged. This time we covered a full mile, still 60 seconds running and 30 seconds walking. I really shouldn’t be feeling it – I’ve run longer distances before. 

But that was pre-illness. 

This is the level where I am now, and so one mile is the distance I had to push a little to complete. We’re still just making circuits around the track, but I understand that changes next week. Fortunately, where I run at home I have a lot of hills, so transitioning to uneven terrain won’t be that bad. 

Folks how are used to reading real racing blogs, such as Ken's Milestones  have probably noticed the absence of times, paces and other data in these posts. There's a reason for that -- right now, they're still rubbish. When I have something to talk about, I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment