Monday, March 16, 2015

Diabelli Project 082 - Piece for Chamber Orchestra

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This week's flash composition is a little more ambitious than most -- once you consider the source. While the music isn't that complex, the forces involved are. It's a work for a small chamber orchestra. I envisioned just one player each for the brass and winds, with no percussion (at least for this sketch), and a small string section. (click on images to enlarge)



Below is the original sketch that I dashed off in my allotted 10 minutes. I tried to give myself enough information to make a fair copy without filling in too many blanks. After all -- the purpose of the fair copy is just to present a legible version of the sketch -- not to recompose it in the process.


As always, this sketch can be used by any and all -- just let me know the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment