Monday, March 09, 2015

Diabelli Project 081 - Piano Piece in D

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

Last week's flash composition was a little piano piece in D -- and so is this. My original intent was to make it a string quartet, but when it came time to make a fair copy I couldn't make out my own notation. So a piano piece it is. Perhaps this could be the slow movement to last week's sketch? (click on image to enlarge)




And there are a few more piano pieces in D -- Diabelli Project 078 is a 2/4-7/16 rapid-fire piece; Diabelli Project 054 is a 5/8 study in tone clusters, and Diabelli Project 045 is another 5/8 sketch. I've been thinking about what to do when the Diabelli Project concludes, and perhaps joining and developing collections of sketches may be that next step.

While that's what I may do with this, you can choose to do something else. As with all the Diabelli Project sketches, any and all are welcome to use this as they choose. Just send me the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment