Monday, March 23, 2015

Diabelli Project 083 - Percussion Quartet

The ;Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

I've already dashed off two percussion trios in this flash composition series. (see Nos. 055 and 075). And I speculated that they might actually be part of a much larger work, rather than two separate pieces.

Although this is the first percussion quartet I've written as part of the Diabelli Project, there's a possibility that it, too, may be part of some larger percussion work along with the trios. After all -- I've only sketched out a few measures of each. Who's to say that more instruments don't come in later on. Maybe those trios aren't trios after all.... (click on images to enlarge)




I may return to these another time and see if they all fit together. But you may have other ideas. As with all the Diabelli Project sketches, this music is made available for any and all to use as they see fit. Just let me know of your results.



No comments:

Post a Comment