Friday, April 22, 2016

Line Mar Match Box Construction 002 - Table with Two Legs

Table with Two Legs.
I found a Line Mar Match Box Construction Set from the 1930s, complete and with instructions. The box claimed the set made 100 different toys. I decided to test that claim -- one toy at a time. You can read all the posts for the Line Mar construction project at 100 Toys.

002. Table with Two Legs

This toy is just a variation of the first toy, the table with a single leg. And since I was just stacking featherweight metal on top of featherweight metal, I had the same problems.

The table top would only stay in place if the supporting pieces had precise right-angle surfaces. So I had to gently bend the pieces to bring the offending edges into line.

I can say that this toy is a little sturdier than the single-legged table, relatively speaking. I'm not convinced it would actually hold up to any kind of play. If anything brushed against it, even a shirt sleeve, then it all slides to the floor.

Table with Two Legs. Less of a balancing act with this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment