JD Slade is the morning DJ at WJMA-FM in Orange, Virginia -- the station we're using as a case study to see what works (or doesn't) online. JD's posted some videos on YouTube. They're not official WJMA videos, just clips shot by private individuals. While not great art, they're the kind of fun, casual videos many people post.
However -- even though these are personal videos, they can be potentially valuable content for WJMA's website.
Here's one of JD Slade having fun in the studio while a song plays.
So what's the takeaway?
- JD Slades's a person who knows how to have fun.
- JD Slade's full of energy.
- If you look carefully, you can see that he's not just flailing his arms -- JD really knows how to play the guitar. He's a musician.
- WJMA's morning show is fun.
- WJMA's morning man, JD Slade, is full of energy.
- WJMA's staff (at least one of them) is a musician. They must really know a lot about the music they play.
The immediate takeaway?
- JD Slade is man who knows how to enjoy himself.
- JD Slade is a good dancer (decidedly better than me, that's for sure).
- This looks like a fun event.
- JD is a man who knows how to enjoy himself. His morning show must be fun to listen to.
- JD is a good dancer. He sure has a lot of energy. I bet his morning show does, too.
- Looks like this is a fun WJMA event. The next time they're going to be out broadcasting somewhere, I'm going to stop by. They know how to have a blast.
So the simplest (and cheapest) way to generate unique content for a website? Let the staff do their thing with camcorders -- and post the videos that work.
Day 27 of the WJMA Web Watch.