Monday, August 25, 2014

Diabelli Project 054 - Piano Piece in D Aeolian Mode

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This week's offering is a little more adventurous than the other piano piece sketches I've posted of late. Of course, it was only a matter of time before I returned to my favorite meter (5/8). I experimented with tone clusters this time around, and when I played this on the piano, I liked what I heard. So consider this experiment a success. (click to enlarge)



So where does the piece go from here? That's up to you -- if you choose to continue it. As with all the Diabelli Project sketches, this is offered freely to all. If you do happen to complete this piece, though -- please share. I'd love to know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment