Friday, September 05, 2008

Congressional Correspondence

A while ago I posted a draft of a letter to my representative.

SoundExchange continues to force Internet broadcasters into bankruptcy through ruinous royalty rates -- with Pandora.com about ready to go under. Two bills -- H.R.2060 in the House and S.1315 in the Senate -- await action that could adjust the rates back to something equitable to both sides.

OK, I know this isn't the only thing facing our congresscritters, but we're not talking some massive bailout here. Just set the rates to something realistic and let the industry grow from there. One vote and everyone can get back to taking their partisan potshots.

So, I've printed out the letters to my representative and two senators. In the mail, they go. Let's see if I can get a better response by using snail mail than e-mail (which I used last time). Better yet, maybe we'll see some action.

Bombs away, dream babies.

- Ralph

Day 83 of the WJMA Web Watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment