Monday, June 24, 2013

Diabelli Project 001 - Canon at the Octave

The Diabelli Project is about offering my flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli,'s music these sketches aren't great. But perhaps there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

The first sketch I attempted was a simple canon at the octave. One thing to remember -- for each of these sketches, the entire amount of time spent on them was no more than five minutes. And that includes drawing the staff lines. Creatively, I was overthinking things, and I was not happy at all with the music I was writing.

So, just like flash fiction, this was just dashed off, completely bypassing my internal editor and going straight from thought to paper. For a first effort, I think it's OK. If you see something more, please help yourself. (click on image to enlarge)


No comments:

Post a Comment