Monday, February 24, 2014

Diabelli Project 030 - Invention in C major

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

Another day, another invention -- that's the way it seems to be this month. Today's installment started from a very simple idea. I just started with that whole step motif and followed it to wherever it lead me. (In the case of the first measure, it lead me down a scale!) 


Because my motif is rather busy -- and there are four full beats to a measure, I ran out of time before things really got going. But don't let that stop you. What happens next is completely free from my self-imposed rules for flash composition. Have fun, and be sure to share the results. I promise to do the same should I ever complete this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment