Monday, February 23, 2015

Diabelli Project 079 - String Quartet in C

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This is the second string quartet I've furiously scribbled out during a Diabelli Project flash composition session. And I have the feeling it won't be the last. This one's clearly in C -- although whether it's C major is something I'm not 100% sure about. One of my purposes in doing these flash compositions is to bypass my internal editor and just let the music flow -- good, bad or indifferent. I'll let you be the judge as to which this is... (click to enlarge)



As with all the Diabelli Project sketches, this one's free for any and all to use as they choose. Just share the results!


No comments:

Post a Comment