Monday, May 14, 2018

Diabelli Project 190 - Brass Trio

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme, these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

When I sat down to begin my ten-minute flash composition session, I wanted to do something simple. I ended up with a piece for brass trio. It starts with a chromatic cluster of notes and slowly expands outward.

I was very surprised to find that I have only done one other brass trio sketch for this project (No. 128). And the two seem to fit nicely together. There may be a suite in all of this somewhere.




As always, you can use any or all of the posted Diabelli Project sketches as you wish for free. Just be sure to share the results. I'm always curious to see what direction someone else can take this material.

No comments:

Post a Comment