Monday, June 04, 2018

Diabelli Project 193 - Piece for Solo Violin Part 2

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme, these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This week I continued last week's sketch with my 10-minute flash composition session. Notice that the opening motif gets flipped around on the second page. Instead of moving up a half-step and repeating the note, the motif repeats the note then steps down a half-step.

I didn't notice that had happened until I put the music into fair copy. But that's what these flash compositions are all about -- giving the subconscious free reign. I'll probably develop this sketch further, either making it a stand-alone piece or perhaps part of a suite. Either way, I know now what to build the rest of the music around.





As always, you can use any or all of the posted Diabelli Project sketches as you wish for free. Just be sure to share the results. I'm always curious to see what direction someone else can take this material.

No comments:

Post a Comment