Monday, October 29, 2018

Diabelli Project 213 - Duet for Clarinet and Marimba, Part 10

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme, these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This is the tenth installment of my Clarinet and Marimba Duet. This week's flash composition sketch begins on the last system of the first page. The clarinet continues its descending line. Both instruments settle into a temporary cadence on F-sharp before continuing onward.

Onward to where? I know that I'll be returning to the opening material. But just how I get there from here depends on what my subconscious comes up with next week.



As always, you can use any or all of the posted Diabelli Project sketches as you wish for free. Just be sure to share the results. I'm always curious to see what direction someone else can take this material.

No comments:

Post a Comment