Monday, November 21, 2011

Virtual Packing

I know I'm not the only one preparing to go out of town. And I'm not the only one to go off the grid at the same time. We'll be spending Thanksgiving at a home where there's no Internet access, so I'll be offline for a few days.

It's not a bad situation -- I can always sneak down to the public library or other Wi-Fi hotspot if I want to check on things. And it is nice to just get away from the virtual world for awhile.

But for me, it means some additional packing.

Just like I'll be laying out the clothes I'll want to wear three or four days into the future, I'll also have to pack my social networks with content, too. I'll have to write some blog posts and schedule them to publish while I'm gone. I've already scheduled some Tweets and Facebook status updates. Nothing extensive, just some things to keep my feeds current.

Just one more thing to do before we hit the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment