Monday, December 08, 2014

Diabelli Project 069 - Piece for solo French Horn

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This week I continued on through the brass instruments with my flash compositions. This time it's the French horn. While it has a beautiful sound, it's the most challenging brass instrument to master. It's important to build in breaks to let the player's lips rest. I've included a few brief ones. If I continue this sketch, I'll be sure to have some more -- or make sure this movement remains short and to the point. (click to enlarge)



What happens next? That's up to you. As with all the Diabelli Project sketches, I offer this freely to anyone who would like to use all or part of it. Just let me know the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment