Monday, October 09, 2017

Diabelli Project 165 - Woodwind Quintet

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme, these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This week my subconscious sketched out another woodwind quintet. I'm currently working on expanding previous Diabelli Project quintet sketches, so that's not too surprising.

Originally, I thought they might be all part of some larger piece. But when I look at them collectively, I think rather I have two different quintets going on. The sketch below looks like it belongs with No. 162 (same key signature) and No.160 (near-related key).

In the sketch below, the goal was to break up the ensemble with shifting combinations instruments providing the melody and harmonic support.





As always, you can use any or all of the posted Diabelli Project sketches as you wish for free. Just be sure to share the results. I'm always curious to see what direction someone else can take this material.

No comments:

Post a Comment