Monday, October 30, 2017

Diabelli Project 168 - String Trio

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme, these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

I feel I need to apologize for the look of this score. My regular technical pens were about out of ink, so I tried some with angled nibs.

As for the music itself, it's sort of a continuation of last week's project. In that sketch, I used an ascending intervals pattern: a second, a third, and a fourth. This time, it's the same intervals in a descending pattern.

Plus, I just came off of a month of posting viola works (and jokes) on Twitter as part of the #ClassicsaDay feed. So even before I started I thought I'd be sketching out something for some type of string chamber piece.



As always, you can use any or all of the posted Diabelli Project sketches as you wish for free. Just be sure to share the results. I'm always curious to see what direction someone else can take this material.

No comments:

Post a Comment