Monday, January 08, 2018

Diabelli Project 176 - String Trio, Mvt. 2B

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme, these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This string trio series is a bit of a departure. I'm still flash composing, with a 10-minute time limit to write as much as I can. Instead of starting over each week, I'll be attempting to pick up where I left off from the previous week for my 10-minute session. 


Observant readers have noted there's a bit of a lag time between the date written on the sketch and the date it gets posted. It takes a little while to get a sketch into a fair copy, scanned, cleaned up, and ready to post.

My Diabelli Project posts go out on Mondays. To keep to the schedule, this post should have gone live 12/25/17, and the following post 1/1/18. So I decided to take a break and resume publication after the holidays.

This is the second part of the second movement. The quintuplet rhythm introduced at the end of the first part turns into an accompanying figure. The violin solos over top of the chugging quintuplets. There's no doubt that solo will continue into the third part.






As always, you can use any or all of the posted Diabelli Project sketches as you wish for free. Just be sure to share the results. I'm always curious to see what direction someone else can take this material.

No comments:

Post a Comment