Monday, February 26, 2018

Diabelli Project - The String Trio Project (171-182)

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme, these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

Below are all the pages to the string trio series. Each movement was written in four 10-minute installments. It's interesting to take a look at the entire project together. I calculated the playing times for each movement. I've written about 1'20" of the first movement, 1'45" of the second, and almost a minute of the third.

That changes things a little. Initially, I thought when I had reached the double bar in the third movement, I was almost done. It may turn out to be the middle of an ABACA rondo, instead.

I still like the idea of a compact work, but it needs just a little more. As I revise this, I'll be looking to expand the outer movements to about two minutes each, and the middle movement perhaps to three.

(click on the images to enlarge)











As always, you can use any or all of the posted Diabelli Project sketches as you wish for free. Just be sure to share the results. I'm always curious to see what direction someone else can take this material.

No comments:

Post a Comment