Thursday, February 22, 2018

Line Mar Match Box Construction 076 - Buggy

I found a Line Mar Match Box Construction Set from the 1930s, complete and with instructions. The box claimed the set made 100 different toys. I decided to test that claim -- one toy at a time. You can read all the posts for the Line Mar construction project at 100 Toys.

076. Buggy

I guess this could be a buggy. I thought it was a little low-slung, though. To me, it's more of a wagon. But whatever it is, this toy's impossible to build as depicted. 

This is another case where the illustrator drew the dowel lengths as they should be for aesthetics, rather than their actual lengths. 

The two dowels that secure the handle assembly to the frame might look as drawn -- if the holes were offset. But they're not, and so I could only insert them about halfway (as shown at left). 

And note the overhang of the long dowel. There simply isn't a dowel of the right length included in the set. The handle and the securing dowel are the same lengths as the axles. 

As always, I tried to position the finished build to come as close as possible to the image shown in the instruction sheet. But there's no disguising the over-sized dowels.








No comments:

Post a Comment