Sunday, February 18, 2007

Another Sunrise and Web 0.0

This past weekend my wife and I attended Scuffletown's CD launch party. "Another Sunrise" is the name of the release, and it represents a significant growth in John Whitlow and Marc Carraway's collaborative music-making.

It was a great evening. The Gravity Lounge in Charlottesville was packed with fans and friends. I've know Marc and John for years, and many of our mutual acquaintances were there as well -- including a few I hadn't seen in years. I traded some stories, shared some memories, networked some, and even laid the groundwork for a new project or two (more on that when the time is ripe).

Much has been made about new mode of social interaction -- MySpace, FaceBook, SecondLife and so on. While it is exciting to think about being in a virtual room with avatars of like-minded people from all over the world, there's dimensions to human interaction that can only be fully experienced face-to-face.

Web 2.0 is a part of us, but Saturday night I enjoyed a little of Web 0.0, and heard some great music besides. And it wasn't at 128kbps either!

- Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment