Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Surprise, Indeed!

This must be phishing season. Hard on the heels of the Dunkin Donut offer, I received an even more unusual request. It was from the Central Bank of Nigeria. And the subject line was the following (with nothing in the body of the email):

I know that you might be surprise on this mail, but I am telling you the truth. What I want to tell you is about your fund with the Federal Government of Nigeria. I will explain to you in full details when you get back to me with my private email at: [email address].
Well, might be surprise, indeed! It completely slipped my mind that I had deposited money in a foreign bank. Especially Nigeria.


It's been a while since we've had some virtual fun, and I'm tempted to respond. But as who? Frank Drake? Alf Monroe? Roy Rogers? Or perhaps it's time for someone new to enter the scene. Suggestions welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment