Sunday, January 08, 2012

Thoughts after the major event

Yesterday I shared my concerns about a major event at our church -- the presentation of a controversial proposal. A presentation I was partially responsible for making. I admitted yesterday that it was something of a test of faith. Well, as it turned out, the proposal passed (albeit not unanimously).

In the end, it was faith that carried the day. The meeting never became acrimonious, and although there were disagreements, we did indeed treat each other with respect. I like to think that we were all with the same Spirit -- at least for a little while.

Working within a church can really test one's faith. I think it's because you get to see how the sausage is made (as it were). Sometimes one can know too much. But then things happen like the meeting today. We all behaved in a Christian manner (which is as it should be). Yesterday I was thinking how odd it was that one's faith should be tried inside the church. Today I felt instead that it had been restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment