Monday, July 07, 2014

Diabelli Project 047 - Piano Piece in B-flat major

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

As I mentioned last week, I really got into writing piano music for my flash composition project. This one's also in an odd meter (5/8). In this case, the subdivisions shift, alternating between 3+2 and 2+3.



If I were to continue this piece, I'd probably continue that alternation. But you don't have to. As with all the Diabelli Project pieces, I make this available to anyone who wants to use the material , and to use it any way they'd like. All I ask is that you share the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment