The purpose of the Diabelli Project was to get me composing again after a long hiatus. By dashing off these little flash compositions, I hoped to get the creative juices flowing again. And it seems to have worked. In the early stages of the project, I seemed to have trouble getting through more than a few bars of music before my self-imposed time limit ran out.
Well, the time limit hasn't increased, but I seem to be able to write faster these days. Like this little piano piece, for example: (click on image to enlarge)
I got farther than I normally do, but I didn't finish it.
But you can.
The other part of the project is still to offer these sketches freely to anyone who would like to do something with them. Just be sure to share your results (and if you make a million dollars with one, it would be good to share that, too).