Monday, October 06, 2014

Diabelli Project 060 - Piano Piece

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This flash composition project has been useful for several reasons. I feel like I've finally knocked some of the rust off my creative self, and the ideas are flowing more freely at last. By forcing myself to dash off this music and bypass my internal editor, I think I've gained insight into my style (as opposed to what I thought my style was).

No question, I'm partial to odd meters. Here's another piano piece in 5/8 time. Perhaps it's time to collect all of these 5/8 piano piece fragments together and see if they are (as I suspect) part of a greater whole.




In the meantime, you're welcome to use all or part of this sketch as you will. No legal restrictions attached. Just share the results with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment