Monday, October 27, 2014

Diabelli Project 063 - Piano Piece in C

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.
 
This sketch has four lines moving together. But it's not an SATB choral work, nor any other type of ensemble score. It's really just a piano piece, albeit one with four moving lines. I was thinking of the keyboard works of the rennaisance English composers like William Byrd or Giles Farnby. It's definitely not in the style of what they'd write, of course, but I think the texture is similar -- which was what I was after.



What happens next? That's up to you. As always, you're welcome to use all or part of this sketch. Just let me know what you come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment