Monday, October 13, 2014

Diabelli Project 061 - Bass Line

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

The self-imposed rules for the Diabelli Project flash composition are pretty simple. I've got 10 minutes to write whatever I want. But when time's up, I have to put the pen down. The idea for this week's piece was to do a chaconne. That is, a set of variations over a repeating baseline.

Well, Henry Purcell I'm not -- I only got the bass line finished... mostly.




This is one I'll return to, though. After all, the hard part's done. Now all I have to do is put some variations on top of it. And you can, too. As always, you're welcome to use all or part of this sketch. Just let me know what you come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment