Friday, June 17, 2016

Line Mar Match Box Construction 009 - Court House

009. Court House
I found a Line Mar Match Box Construction Set from the 1930s, complete and with instructions. The box claimed the set made 100 different toys. I decided to test that claim -- one toy at a time. You can read all the posts for the Line Mar construction project at 100 Toys.

009. Court House

I have to admit this toy had me puzzled. I might have guessed a megachurch (OK, that's anachronistic), but not a courthouse. Even in the 1930s I don't think many courthouses had huge crosses on them -- not even in the deep South.

But that's what the instruction sheet says it is, so a courthouse it remains. As far as construction goes, it was pretty easy. I've worked with the small metal pieces enough so that their sides are relatively straight. In the photo below you can see that they joined up nicely with the large metal box. Because the cross wasn't that tall, I didn't need to put a dowel rod through it. Those pieces are simply stacked one atop the other -- just like the instruction book shows.


No comments:

Post a Comment