Friday, June 24, 2016

Line Mar Match Box Construction 010 - Altar

010. Altar
I found a Line Mar Match Box Construction Set from the 1930s, complete and with instructions. The box claimed the set made 100 different toys. I decided to test that claim -- one toy at a time. You can read all the posts for the Line Mar construction project at 100 Toys.

010. Altar

The altar went together pretty easily. I did use a dowel rod inside the cross to help stabilize it. Without the dowel, it was almost impossible to position the cross assembly without having the two top pieces get out of alignment (or fall off).

As I mentioned in the previous post, I've worked with these metal pieces enough now that virtually every side is very close to a 90° bend from the base. So getting that long piece to stand on its narrow side wasn't that difficult.

010. Altar (I'm assuming it's non-denominational)

No comments:

Post a Comment