Friday, July 15, 2016

Line Mar Match Box Construction 013 - Fort

I found a Line Mar Match Box Construction Set from the 1930s, complete and with instructions. The box claimed the set made 100 different toys. I decided to test that claim -- one toy at a time. You can read all the posts for the Line Mar construction project at 100 Toys.

013. Fort

The fort was one of the easiest toys to assemble so far. It's not very tall, so there's no issue with pieces being stacked too high and becoming unstable.

This was another toy whose label surprised me, though When I think of a fort, I think of a structure designed to keep people out. This looks quite open to me. In fact, I initially thought it was a turnpike toll booth (except that those didn't exist in the 1930s). Perhaps this is the type of fort Quakers would have built?


No comments:

Post a Comment