Monday, July 09, 2018

Diabelli Project 199 Woodwind Trio Mvt. 3B

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme, these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This woodwind trio project will cover six weeks, in pairs. The first week will be the beginning of a movement (written in a 10-minute flash session), and the following week, I'll continue the sketch for another 10-minute session. Then I'll move on to the next movement and continue the pattern.


This week's sketch is the second part of the final movement and the end of this series.  Basically, this week's sketch just builds towards the cadence in the last system. At that point,  the clarinet takes a solo. When I continue this sketch, I'll develop that solo further. My conception for this movement is a rondo, with each of the three instruments getting a chance to shine.


As always, you can use any or all of the posted Diabelli Project sketches as you wish for free. Just be sure to share the results. I'm always curious to see what direction someone else can take this material.

No comments:

Post a Comment