Thursday, March 01, 2012

A life worth living -- unexamined

The unexamined life is not worth living
 - Socrates

The deadline is fast approaching for the Facebook timeline switchover. Whether I like it or not, the template will change, and I'll have to fill out even more stuff about myself (and come up with some images as well).

Although I enjoy sharing some of myself with social media, I'm not very comfortable with myself. At least, that's the conclusion I've come to over the years. For although I always seem to have plenty to say about all kinds of things (actual knowledge optional), I have a very hard time writing about myself.

"Tell me about yourself."
 - That phrase always makes my mind go blank. I cannot think of a thing to say.

"Name a book you really like."
 - Out of the thousands I've read, I can't recall a single one.

"What's your favorite movie?"
 - I've got over 300 movies of all eras in my Netflix cue, but I couldn't offer up a title for a favorite.

"When was the last time something funny happened to you?"
 - I don't know. Funny things have happened to me, but forced to name one, they all fade to mist.

So creating a Facebook timeline is not a high priority for me. I might just go with the default when they flip the switch.

I really have lead a pretty interesting and eventful life. Just don't ask me about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment