Friday, November 03, 2017

Line Mar Match Box Construction 072 - Conveyer with Poles

I found a Line Mar Match Box Construction Set from the 1930s, complete and with instructions. The box claimed the set made 100 different toys. I decided to test that claim -- one toy at a time. You can read all the posts for the Line Mar construction project at 100 Toys.

072. Conveyer with Poles

The illustration for this toy wasn't especially helpful. The assembly for the base and the poles was pretty simple. I decided to go with the wooden discs instead of the fiber collars for additional stability.

The problem was the conveyor basket. It was difficult to see how the pully was put together. In the end, I managed, but it doesn't look nearly as neat as the illustration. The short arm isn't as short as the picture suggests. And since I had used the wooden discs with the poles, I had to create flanges with the fiber collars.

It sort of worked, but this was definitely a stationary model.


No comments:

Post a Comment