Monday, November 27, 2017

Diabelli Project 172 - String Trio, Mvt. 1B

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme, these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This string trio series is a bit of a departure. I'm still flash composing, with a 10-minute time limit to write as much as I can. Instead of starting over each week, I'll be attempting to pick up where I left off from the previous week for my 10-minute session. 

This is the second part of the first movement. I continued with the repeated 16th note patterns of the first part. The cello has a solo that I'll (hopefully) finish in next week's installment. I did refer back to the first sketch before writing this one. While that did give this sketch some direction, I didn't feel hemmed in by what I had written before.

The grayed measure is from last week's sketch,
.





As always, you can use any or all of the posted Diabelli Project sketches as you wish for free. Just be sure to share the results. I'm always curious to see what direction someone else can take this material.

No comments:

Post a Comment