Monday, November 06, 2017

Diabelli Project 169 - Piano Piece

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme, these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This week I went with something simple. The opening figure starts on the third, and on its return, starts on the tonic. While I kept adding notes, for the first time in a long time I wasn't thinking contrapuntally. Rather, just lookint for ways to fill out the line in an interesting way.

As I was trained, I wrote this away from the keyboard. Simple though it looks, the latter half of this sketch isn't exactily intiutive to play (at least with my limited skills).



As always, you can use any or all of the posted Diabelli Project sketches as you wish for free. Just be sure to share the results. I'm always curious to see what direction someone else can take this material.

No comments:

Post a Comment